As autumn approaches, temperatures creep down, leaves change colors and fall, and family fun runs in abundance.
In Belleville, there are so many places to discover with your family and friends of all ages. There’s something here for everybody.
We’ve hand picked a few favorites for you to give a try next time your family stops over for a visit!
- Eckert’s: Eckert’s is a local family owned orchard founded in Belleville, IL and has now grown to 3 locations – Belleville, Grafton & Millstadt. The Belleville location happens to be a 10 minute drive down highway 15 from The Esquiline. Eckert’s has a restaurant, country store, test kitchen for wine and beer pairing, cooking classes, frozen custard stand, orchards, a green house, children’s playground and a seasonal petting zoo. This is by far the place to be this fall with your family – anyone of any age can find something fun to do at Eckert’s this Fall.
- The Edge: The Edge is a bistro-style movie theatre with luxury seating. Also, they have Laser Tag, Pinball, Rollerball and all the latest games for kids of all ages to enjoy.
- Skyview: Have your grandchildren ever experienced a drive-in theater? Look no further than Skyview! Treat your family to a good old-fashioned drive-in theater experience while they can! Skyview is always open into the summer, but also well into the fall, like October and sometimes — weather permitting — November!
- Braeutigam Orchard: Braeutigam Orchard is yet another family-fun place for you to bond with your children and grandchildren. Pick scrumptious apples or peaches for your next pie or cobbler!
- National Shrine of Our Lady of Snows: Yes, you read that right! One of Belleville’s most beloved sites is right in our backyard! According to TripAdvisor, it’s the 2nd best spot in all of Belleville! The large outdoor shrine is filled with gorgeous gardens, memorials, a Lourdes Grotto, an Amphitheater, and a Way of the Cross center. If you live in The Esquiline Independent Living, you wouldn’t have to travel far to take your children and grandchildren on a beautiful spiritual trip.
If you live in Belleville, consider stopping by at any one of these sites you choose with your family.