The Esquiline, a Life Plan Community at the Shrine, recently unveiled plans for a campus-refresh and is now accepting Redevelopment resident applications.
The campus-refresh represents an expansion of current lifestyle options, not a replacement. The Esquiline will still provide the same unmatched lifestyle options for older adults who want to live independently in a fulfilling atmosphere, with the option of future health care support on-site.
Plans are still being finalized in preparation for the redevelopment, but here are some of the things current and future residents have to look forward to.
Currently, the campus-refresh plans include:
- 34 luxurious new independent living homes, to include 10 courtyard homes and 24 apartments in a new three-story building
- Beautiful, new and upgraded common spaces
- Expanded accommodations in St. Francis Assisted Living
- A brand-new memory care area
- New and expanded rooms in the Dammert Care Center
Although the common spaces still need to be finalized, they’ll likely include additional dining venues, an expanded wellness center, and a multipurpose area for lectures, performances, and more.
Expanded Services and Amenities
Along with physical additions to the campus, there will also be new amenities and services offered. This is in keeping with The Esquiline’s goal of changing the face of aging by honoring residents, honoring employees, and partnering with the community.
“This isn’t just a place where you would come to retire. It’s a place where you would come to live intentionally on our campus with programs and services that enrich your lifestyle and support you as an individual,” The Esquiline Executive Vice President Rachel Lugge said.
Like the building plans, an outline of new offerings is still being fine-tuned. However, some examples of possible new additions to the existing services and amenities include:
- Flexible dining programs with multiple venue options
- Expanded housekeeping and transportation offerings
- Personal trainer services
- Banking services
- Increased volunteer opportunities
That’s just a small sampling, but there’s sure to be more added in the future. Be sure to follow The Esquiline on Facebook to keep up with redevelopment plans as they are finalized and announced.
Related: Learn the story behind our new name
Campus Refresh Residents
Why aren’t plans finalized yet? Well, partly because architects are still hard at work on schematics. But it’s also because of ongoing feedback that our campus refresh residents are providing to the executive team at The Esquiline.
Priority members are being surveyed on what they would most like to see at The Esquiline, along with current residents. It’s one of the many benefits of becoming a campus refresh resident, which include:
- The unique opportunity to reserve a place in line for brand new apartments or courtyard homes
- Direct access to up-to-date timelines for construction
- The option of customizing a brand-new residence
- The ability to take advantage of pre-construction pricing
- First choice of apartment or courtyard home layouts, views, and amenities and service packages
- Exclusive member events, educational series, and meetings with The Esquiline President and senior leadership team prior to move-in
If you’re interested in becoming a campus refresh resident, it’s better to do so sooner rather than later. There are only a limited amount of spots available and early refresh residents have more opportunities to shape the new development.
“Their input is influencing how we design this campus,” Lugge said. “You’re basically custom-designing a home on our campus.”
To become a campus refresh resident, visit our campus refresh page.
What’s Next for The Esquiline’s Redevelopment Plans?
Over the next few months, we’ll continue to finalize plans for the redevelopment. Campus refresh resident applications will remain open, but only until the available spaces are filled.
After plans are finalized, the presale period will be begin in April 2019. If you’d like to be kept informed of all redevelopment updates and presale information, visit our campus refresh page to read the latest news or contact us if you would like to learn more.