UPDATE: May 27, 2021 - See New Updates to the Visitor Policy in Dammert below in red:
We are delighted to report that our community of residents and staff received the 2nd dose of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine on Friday, February 5, 2021 and have now moved to just once per month testing of all staff in the Dammert Care Center and St. Francis Assisted Living.
The safety of our residents and staff is our top priority, and we continue to follow the guidance of the CDC as well as our state and local health departments of the recommended infection control measures, mask wearing and safe social distancing.
Updates can also be heard on our COVID-19 hotline at 618.394.6261.
Visitor Policy Updates Effective May 27, 2021
The Dammert Care Center is open for visitors at this time. Visits can be scheduled one day prior to the visit by calling 618-394-6262 or 618-772-3162 to speak to Rebecca to confirm a 30 minute visit time and conduct necessary pre-screening of up to two visitors from the same household.
- Please honor your scheduled visiting time so that we can provide adequate time for cleaning protocols between visits.
- You may be able to extend your visit beyond 30 minutes if the following appointment time is not yet taken. Please make arrangements for this with staff upon your arrival if available.
- Visitors must be screened for symptoms and temperature checks upon arrival and must sanitize hands prior to entering.
- Please do not come for a visit if you feel ill, or are exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID-19, have been in contact with someone who has test positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or if you have recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- Children that can follow directions and adhere to these guidelines are welcome to visit.
- Visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, should wear source control (face mask) and physically distance from staff and other patient/residents, or visitors that are not part of their group at all other times when in the facility.
- When the resident and all their visitors are fully vaccinated and while alone in the resident’s room or in the designated visitation area, the resident and their visitor(s) can choose to have close contact (including touch) and remove their masks.
- Limit the visit to our designated areas, not in semi-private rooms. In the Dammert environment visits will occur in large Dammert dining room and in small Dammert dining room.
Please know that we may need to restrict visits again if we experience a positive case of COVID-19 among our residents and staff, or if our broader community experiences a high rate of positive cases, or we encounter other factors that affect the safety of visitation.
We deeply appreciate the sacrifices you have made to limit the impact of COVID-19 on our community and your patience as we prepare to host safe visits and other activities. Our entire team is looking forward to seeing family and friends return to our community!