By now you’ve experienced some of the best life has to offer. You know what you want from life and you are in a prime position to go after it. As long as you make informed and beneficial choices about your physical fitness and state of health – like those mentioned below.
Tips for Staying Physically Active as You Age
Remaining active is one of the most important tools in helping you feel young, invigorated, and full of life at every age. These tips will help keep you active.
- Find a group of friends you like to get out and do things with.
- Join fitness programs.
- Find ways to make fitness fun.
- Get out of your home every day – even if just for a little while.
- Get a dog – unlike cats, dogs have to be walked multiple times daily.
The Esquiline takes physical activity and health seriously offering 200 stunning acres to walk around, Zumba classes, a 24-hour fitness center, and more.
Healthy Aging Tips
While we understand that you’ve made it this far on your own, our goal is to give you the tools you need to continue living your best possible life now and in the future. These tips will help you avoid some of the pitfalls that rob you of energy and health as you age.
- Get yearly vaccinations.
- See your physician regularly.
- Eat a healthy, varied diet.
- Visit communities where you can participate in activities to make your choice of location.
- Exercise daily to improve health, increase balance, and reduce risks of slips and falls.
- Avoid people who are sick.
- Know your physical limits.
- Choose physical activities that you enjoy.
- Involve your healthcare provider by asking for activities advice and recommendation.
The health benefits of an active lifestyle for older adults cannot be overstated. This is why The Esquiline is so committed to providing all residents with the tools they need to remain active in all seasons, including a variety of fitness classes, class times, and instructors. We’ll help you meet your daily activity goals, come rain or come shine.